Monday, May 9, 2022

hidden partners



when I heard during orientation that there's a puzzle table on the third floor
 
I was happy without knowing how it would work

whether I'd have my own space to start a puzzle  

when I went up for the first time 

I found that it was only one table enough for one puzzle 

and someone already started the puzzle with a few sections of the boats

and as usual, I started with the edges

but I couldn't find a couple of pieces and had to leave for a mealtime

when I went back on Wednesday

someone or some people found the pieces I couldn't find 

put together all the edges as well as some pieces for the water section

I was delighted that I have some unknown partners

every day after breakfast 

I went up and was pleasantly surprised that more parts were completed 

especially if I see the parts I was struggling with were matched

And yesterday I completed the puzzle

This is the first time I ever worked with others to complete a puzzle

and I will never find out who they were

but I have to say

it was pure joy, 

like an unexpected gift,

loved the experience,

and I hoped it was the same for my hidden partners. 


It made me reflect

how many tasks in my life were completed by someone else 

without me knowing who they are and what they have gone through

there are so many

for their generous and gracious gifts and contributions to my life

I deeply bow to my hidden partners




pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...