Tuesday, June 23, 2020

witness to his journey




when I get a text message from my sons it's mostly something like
"What's for dinner?"
But not on that day. It was
"Can we talk about my future?" 
A cosmic question like this makes me pause and take a deep breath. 

We spent some time walking at a beach
listening to what he had in mind and all the possibilities and passion that he has. 
I could hear the excitement in his voice. 
When he asked for my feedback, I said to him, 
"you always knew where you needed to go, 
so whatever decision you make, I will support you."

I sat on the seawall 
he was walking toward the end 
probably contemplating all the possibilities
The beautiful sunset was on one side and he was walking to the other side.  
His back was touched by the sunset 
as if the sun were giving him a blessing 
while he was walking into his future. 
I watched him walking away from me 
feeling blessed to be a witness to his journey. 





pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...