Saturday, May 2, 2020

personal and relational





after a long walk 
on our way to get ice cream
we encountered the setting sun
while listening to the song 

"...You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name. 

You are amazing God..."

I at times become concerned if the faith of my sons in their 20s

incline to a branch of Christianity
where there is too much emphasis on 
the personal relationship with God

a moment like this makes me realize

it was my own overthinking
for this very presence we encountered
is nothing but the personal and relational God
in fact
the same God I encountered in my 20s



Chris Tomlin "Indescribable"








pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...