Saturday, July 11, 2020

gift from the ocean


as always I didn't check the weather before I walked out to go to the beach.
It was overcast and a bit foggy morning
so I thought I'd walk for an hour before the rain.
And I wanted to put together my thoughts on the sermon while walking.
Once I walked into the beach
I almost heard the ocean calling my name.
Come closer!
Let's play!
At first I refused.
No, that's not why I'm here.
I need to organize my thoughts.
It insisted.
Just be with me. Be.
So I let go of my plan and started walking.
Waves came closer to my feet like a teasing friend
and I ran to walk away laughing.
Then I saw something I never have noticed before.
The reflection of the sun on the beach was walking along with me.
There must be a simple scientific explanation 
but at the moment I was in awe of seeing the sun walking beside me.
Like a good friend.
And I realized that it's only on a certain surface I can see the reflection.
The reflection disappears on dry sand and becomes blurry when the wave covers the sand.
It's only visible on wet sand with no moving water.
I thought of it as a thin space where the distance between heaven and earth is thinner,
where I can gaze at God's presence
where I no longer feel separated from my Creator.
I tried to stay on that path
knowing it will soon disappear.
I only hoped that my lack of faith will not make me act as if I never witnessed it.
As I was leaving the beach
I felt hugged by God.
I realized the ocean invited to be with it
to give me a special gift.








pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...