Tuesday, June 30, 2020

seeing with mind's eyes


had a long afternoon walk at Goose Rocks Beach
just before the rain started.
walking on the wide-open sandy beach 
made me feel like walking in a desert.
all of a sudden I saw the seaweeds that looked like flowers
and I saw the ripple marks with the seaweeds on top
like a tree with golden foliage.
why not? why can't we name them flowers or a tree?
at that moment even a seagull sounded like a child.
sounds crazy, but to me 
it was fun and...liberating 
I realized that we don't need to categorize or frame everything 
the same way others do
someone may say I walked on a beach, 
saw seaweeds and ripple marks, 
and heard a seagull.
I like to think that
while walking on a beach,
I traveled to a desert, 
saw the flowers and trees on the ground, 
heard a child screaming with excitement
and it was beautiful.










pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...