Saturday, June 6, 2020

La Tua Semplicità (Your simplicity)



a song inspired by a poem of Pope John Paul II
sung by Placido Domingo and Josh Groban

lately holding love in my heart has been challenging 
because my heart was in pain 
from the brokenness of the world
and from my own inability to heal or mend.
There's been a complicated mixture of thoughts and feelings.

The wisdom of this mystic revealed in his poem
takes me to the place where I need to return:
Christ's simplicity, the simple truth of the cross
and what I believe about love: 
to hold the pain and brokenness of the world 
and still in love with the world.

Now I realize why love is the greatest. 
When we cannot be hopeful
and it's hard to keep our faith,
love will remain to carry us through the pain and brokenness. 
And there will be one day 
when all things are complete in God, 
the day in which 
what we have hoped for and what we have believed are fulfilled,
and we do not need hope and faith, 
the day 
"I will know less,
I will believe more"
And even on that day 
love will remain to bring us to God.


now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love (1 Cor. 13:13)




pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...