Tuesday, May 26, 2020

peaches peaches




there are not many things that make me excited
I sometimes feel like an old lady 
sitting in a rocking chair on her porch
watching the traffic goes by
as life unfolds its own ups and downs 
but 
peaches...!
they make me excited
make my heart rush
like the butterfly wings flapping
as soon as I grab one and take a bite
I'm in somewhere celestial
and in no time 
I'm left with juice all over my chin 
and a pit in my messy hand
I know I need to be more mindful of savoring not devouring
just thinking if I were Eve
and the fruit on the tree was peaches
I'd be in trouble
I give thanks to God for not making peaches forbidden fruit
and grateful to all who labor to produce peaches and make them available
for they are not just fruit
to me
 they are a source of an overwhelming joy 








pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...