Friday, May 28, 2021

beauty in brokenness



during my walk, I saw so many pieces of broken shells.
at first, they didn't catch my eyes
then when I saw them one after another,
and a scarred rock,
even a half of a sand dollar,
I knew there's an invitation.

I realized when I walk
I only give my attention to something whole and beautiful to keep--
shells with perfect shapes and pretty colors
and I realized that in life we do the same--
we look for something whole and beautiful to keep
and rarely find beauty in brokenness.

Then I remembered the times I felt broken
and how I was held by God,
and in God's presence,
how I, as imperfect as I was, found wholeness,
and how I still felt loved by God.
and I learned that God is inviting me 
to hold the brokenness in the world 
the same way God does.

so when I saw another broken shell,
I held it dearly knowing it's
broken, yet beautiful as it is.




pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...