Thursday, April 22, 2021

taking it personally




 

nowadays
there is hardly anything I feel resentful
but last week 
the day I had to be in a meeting all-day
while the spring sun was warm and bright
and when the meeting was over
the sun was gone behind the clouds
and when I went to the beach  
it was gray like winter
I was resentful.

While I was walking 
resenting the loss of the beach walk under the sun
and taking comfort from the emerald ocean and salty breeze   
at some point
I started seeing my surroundings becoming brighter.
When I turned around
the sun began to come out of the clouds
painting the skies with different shades of yellow

Nowadays
I rarely take anything personally
but that day
I took the sun personally
I took it as music with rhythm and rhymes
I took it as a love letter
I took it as a big hug
And I said,
thank you
I love you too




pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...