Friday, May 29, 2020

my cup overflows




if you write a memoir what would it be about? 
what would the title be ?
what would you say about the purpose or the highest intention of your life? 
I asked the questions on Sunday
and someone asked me back on Tuesday.
Without a moment of hesitation, I said
my life is about being a mother of my three sons.
Raising them to be independent adults so that each one can glorify God 
has been the purpose and highest intention of my life. 
Even though I have been a pastor at the same time
my energy, my devotion, my first priority has always been raising them 
because I knew 
God can take care of Godself and the church can survive without me
but I knew they couldn't.
It certainly wasn't easy and probably the toughest job I've ever had.
But each one has been a universe to me
wholesome and complete in his own way.
Each one has been a gift for me
to hold, to watch, to learn, to let go.
Most of all 
each one has been the greatest teacher of unconditional love.
Without them, I couldn't have been where I am or who I am now.
Don't get me wrong.
I am an imperfect mother with brokenness who made tons of mistakes, 
for which I am forever apologetic.
They have their own imperfections and brokenness 
partially inherited from me, partially of their own.
But just the way they are now without any desire to change them, 
they are my highest achievements and they will continue to be. 
I have no other ambitions but only hope to continue to grow as their mother 
as they grow older.
Everything else that comes to my life
I consider it a bonus, 
an extra blessing
for my cup already overflows. 




pre Easter reflection

roll away the stone whatever that stone might be pea under your bed pebble in your sock that annoys your entire being making you lose sleep ...